Friday, February 13, 2009

#16 (Half Day)

Today is a half day at school (Should that be hyphenated?). Since we had parent conferences this week after school for 3 hours, they have to give us those 3 hours back in the same week. That leads to today's shortened schedule. It makes an easy day for me. While the entire high school celebrates Black History Month by watching "Glory Road," I have to walk around the school and watch classes while teachers take bathroom breaks. Thankfully most teachers can hold it from 8:30 until 11, so I'm not very busy at all.


It will be nice to have an early start on a long weekend. We have Monday off as well for President's Day....or is it Presidents' Day.....or Presidents Day. I could look it up, but I really don't care. Students have been asking all week why we get that day off. Unfortunately, I really don't have an answer for them. I think it is just a day off. Oh well, I'm not gonna complain. So I get a 3 1/2 day weekend to spend alone.....(I hate Valentine's Day, especially when it happens on a weekend). More about that in tomorrow's post.


And in honor of my anti-valentine's sentiment:


Ancora Imparo,

Mr. Rohner

1 comment:

75th Trombone said...

No, "half day" should probably not be hyphenated, since it's simply an adjective modifying a noun. If the whole thing were an adjective followed by a different noun, then it would be hyphenated.

So for example, "We had a half-day break" would be correct because "half-day" is acting as a single adjective. But "We had a half day off" would be correct because the words are their usual parts of speech.